I am a BIG believer in recruiting the right talent when it comes to growing catering sales outside the four walls of your restaurants.
Through MonkeyMedia Software’s Catering Institute I am very fortunate that I get to spend alot of time working with wonderful leaders in our restaurant community. All we do is think about how to scale catering operations on top of existing restaurant assets, 24/7/365.
Recruiting great Catering Sales Managers (CSMs) is a critical step forward as our industry strives towards building a sustainable and growing catering operation for our brands.
I thought I’d post this job description template that we recommend to help you recruit some great talent. I hope it helps!
Drop me a line after you use it and let me know if it draws some great talent your way.
|[YOUR BRAND GOES HERE] is growing and is looking for an experienced Catering Sales Manager (CSM) to join our team. Since [The Date your Brand Started], [YOUR BRAND HERE], has proven to be one of [YOUR CITY'S] most dynamic and successful restaurant management companies. [LIST YOUR BRAND's AWARDS AND INDUSTRY RECOGNITION HERE]|
The CSM is responsible for maximizing the off-premise sales channel to meet/exceed sales goals by soliciting, negotiating and booking new and repeat business via outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings and networking.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3+ years of hospitality sales experience.
- Cold calling and networking strategies are a must.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the food and beverage, hospitality and catering businesses. Experience in off-premise catering a strong plus.
- Ability to execute and support the operational aspects of business booked.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Strong organizational traits, including excellent time management skills, hands-on and ability to work independently.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, timeliness and results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well proficiency with various computer applications.
- A team player mentality and the ability to work in a fast paced, high energy and demanding environment.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work day, evening and weekend hours as business needs require.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in working with a group of talented and driven individuals in a team environment, [YOUR BRAND] is interested in talking to you!
- Building Catering Sales with Social Media – Dan Kim, Founder of Red Mango (erledardick.com)
- Recruiting Sales Managers for Small Business (frontofficebox.com)
- Industry Icons – Restaurant Stories from the Streets (erledardick.com)
- Genghis Grill Prepares to “Get Catering and Grow Sales!™” with MonkeyMedia Software (prweb.com)
- The Catering Institute – Yes or No? (erledardick.com)