Ok. Ending the year and thinking back to the many great things that happened in 2011.
Oh…., don’t get me wrong; these great moments are only visible upon reflection. It’s only after the fact that we get to see all the great ones in between. So, seems fitting here as I wrap up my thoughts. An ending of a year is Just a beginning of another.
So… On page 138 of my recent book, Get Catering and Grow Sales, I listed my commitment to the following 19 discussion papers, each 3 or 4 pages.
* our margins in our catering operations
* increasing our catering order volume and frequency
* further defining the service script
* managing order size
* understanding the implicit costs oh catering
* the cost of distribution
* understanding the explicit costs of catering
* streamlining operations
* planning catering production
*. Ensuring product quality and proper food handling
* procedures for handling the dynamics of order changes
* watch for competing resources and what to do when that happens.
* marketing tactics and strategies for catering
* allocating labour to our catering operations
* managing internal Catering politics as the develop – keeping it all on track
* compensation and bonus plans for catering.
* centralization strategies
* how to perfect deliveries
* defining a catering vision and customer experience.
Ok. There. I started. Maybe I’ll make one of those polls and ask 5000 people what they’d like me to attack first.
Or, maybe I’ll just decide.