I’m always looking for cool restaurant catering ideas.
After all, at the MMS Catering Institute where we support MonkeyMedia Software with the implementation of MonkeyCatering, it’s world class restaurant catering technology, we have an obligation to share business improvement ideas with the 4000 restaurants currently using MonkeyCatering to increase sales and improve operations, when it comes to catering.
Our customers tell us that managing the logistics of deliveries can be challenging in these times of urban vehicle congestion. Not to mention the fact that acquiring typical delivery vans can be capital intensive and expensive to maintain.
In comes “Cargo Delivery Bikes”. I found these really cool products at one of our community trade shows. Here is a video that shows some options.
I spoke to the company’s representatives, and of course the cargo box can also be retro-fitted with shelving, coolers and hotboxes. The bikes are electric to help your catering delivery coordinators up hills as well. The cargo boxes themselves can be branded with your catering messages.
While this vehicle is not good for all catering deliveries out of restaurants, especially in rural communities, I can certainly see the benefits of using this kind of technology in congested urban centres. Lot’s of benefits to consider including savings on insurance, parking, fuel, repairs and good community marketing.
Get your company one to try out today!
- The Catering Opportunity – Watch the Treat Segment in the months ahead! (erledardick.com)
- Powering Your Print Media For Catering – Call Paul & Dan at Primary Color (erledardick.com)
- Mitra QSR to Deploy MonkeyMedia Software’s Enterprise Package for KFC Franchise Locations (prweb.com)
- MonkeyMedia Software’s Catering Institute – The way forward (erledardick.com)
- Menu development in a multi-unit restaurant catering operation (erledardick.com)