As you all know, I am always looking for content specific to restaurant catering at the MMS Catering Institute. Then I found this…. Jeffrey Gitomer addressing a catering sales manager’s question about compensation…. I’ll post it here for your consideration…
I can think of some more ideas. Can you? Please share your thoughts in the comments below…
Our MMS Catering Institute’s workshops series sure are popular! Book your spot today and energize your catering sales!
We will have over 100 of our restaurant industry’s best catering sales managers in attendance. We have a wonderful day planned. Here is what you can expect to learn:
- Rockstar Canvassing and Lead Generation Techniques
- Time tested Consultative Selling Strategies
- Rock Solid Cold Calling Techniques
- How to identify different kinds of restaurant catering consumers and the top 10 things that motivate them to buy
- Great ideas on how to organize and run effective sales meetings for your catering sales teams
- Transparency into the “day in the life” of a successful catering sales manager
This workshop is open to all members of the restaurant industry and will be very focused on increasing incremental catering sales for your restaurant brand.
We do have limited space, so please reserve your spot today. The cost is $249.00 per attendee, and if your company has more than 4 attendees, there is a group discount available.
Register today by calling us at 1-877-6-MONKEY ext. 127 or email us at email@example.com.
Hope to see you in Chicago!
I am a BIG believer in recruiting the right talent when it comes to growing catering sales outside the four walls of your restaurants.
Through MonkeyMedia Software’s Catering Institute I am very fortunate that I get to spend alot of time working with wonderful leaders in our restaurant community. All we do is think about how to scale catering operations on top of existing restaurant assets, 24/7/365.
Recruiting great Catering Sales Managers (CSMs) is a critical step forward as our industry strives towards building a sustainable and growing catering operation for our brands.
I thought I’d post this job description template that we recommend to help you recruit some great talent. I hope it helps!
Drop me a line after you use it and let me know if it draws some great talent your way.
|[YOUR BRAND GOES HERE] is growing and is looking for an experienced Catering Sales Manager (CSM) to join our team. Since [The Date your Brand Started], [YOUR BRAND HERE], has proven to be one of [YOUR CITY’S] most dynamic and successful restaurant management companies. [LIST YOUR BRAND’s AWARDS AND INDUSTRY RECOGNITION HERE]
The CSM is responsible for maximizing the off-premise sales channel to meet/exceed sales goals by soliciting, negotiating and booking new and repeat business via outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings and networking.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Minimum of 3+ years of hospitality sales experience.
- Cold calling and networking strategies are a must.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the food and beverage, hospitality and catering businesses. Experience in off-premise catering a strong plus.
- Ability to execute and support the operational aspects of business booked.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Strong organizational traits, including excellent time management skills, hands-on and ability to work independently.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, timeliness and results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well proficiency with various computer applications.
- A team player mentality and the ability to work in a fast paced, high energy and demanding environment.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work day, evening and weekend hours as business needs require.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in working with a group of talented and driven individuals in a team environment, [YOUR BRAND] is interested in talking to you!